If your fleet has been going under maintenance regularly and your employee productivity is decreasing periodically, it is time for you to see what is going wrong with your fleet management. The best way to go about it is using GPS tracking devices.
Even when you think GPS is used only to find a route, the use of GPS tracking device in your fleet has far reaching benefits. Here is a list of all the things that a GPS tracing device in your fleet can do for you.
- Savings, savings and some more savings
Equipping your entire fleet with GPS can be a little expensive initially but given all the benefits, it is the best kind of investment you can do to get profits in longer run.
- GPS tracking device does more than telling you the path, it can also inform you about the required speed and the permitted speed in a particular area. Being within the allowed speed will keep the speeding tickets in check and best speed will increase the fuel efficiency thereby decreasing the overall fuel expenditure.
- Route optimization is also one of the ways to save money. As you know GPS will tell you the distance and you can always go ahead and reach your destination following the smallest path thus saving a lot of money.
- You will also be able to monitor driver’s behavior including speeding, reckless driving, long route driving etc. This will not only help you in keeping their reckless behavior in check, which otherwise is harmful for your fleet, but will also help you save some of the insurance amount.
- You will also know what path the drivers followed and when exactly did they reach the landmark. This knowledge will help in better payment system and you would also know whose fault it was if the product did not reach concerned place in time.
- Increased safety and better emergency response
Knowing where exactly your fleet is moving and its location can help in better emergency response. This in turn increases the safety not only for the customer or the employees but also for your fleet.
Since it helps to keep in check the reckless behavior of drivers, it will help them to avoid a lot of accidents. The device would also tell you if a road is broken or blocked which is of great help especially in night time.
- Increased efficiency of fleet
Not only will it help to keep all the drivers in check but will also increase the efficiency of the fleet and the team as whole. You can also automate the payroll system based on path, distance or time of driving. It will also check workforce timesheets and help you in managing your fleet efficiently. If you want to know how they do that check this useful link eyerideonline.com.
With the number of advantages that installing a GPS tracking device has to offer, it is always good to go ahead with getting the same. Go ahead and equip you fleet with the latest of technology for better efficiency.